Monday, August 12, 2013

Salsa!

Hello Everyone! Today I'm going to show you how to make a very basic (and delicious) salsa.

The other day I posted this picture on my instagram:


I love to make rice and beans with caramelized onions and plantains on top. My favorite part of the whole meal is topping it with a homemade salsa. This salsa isn't a thick chunky kind. I like to make an almost sauce like salsa to add on top. It goes so well with the other ingredients.


You will need:
  • 5 plum tomatoes (any kind you like will do)
  • Juice from 1 fresh lime
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Onion
  • Salt
  • Food processor  



First you will want to chop up your tomatoes. How big or small you cut them up depends on how big your food processor is. I have a small one so I cut each tomato into about 6 slices and then cut those in half.

Get your lime and cilantro out. The amount of cilantro you use is really a matter of taste. I use a small handful. It must be fresh! 

I use a half of a medium size onion. You can add more or less. Cut according to the size of your food processor.



With my food processor I find it comes out better if I add only 2 tomatoes, some onion and some cilantro then blend. After that is nicely blended I'll add 2 more tomatoes with more onion and cilantro. I keep repeating this until all the tomatoes, onion and cilantro are blended. After I will add the lime juice and salt and give it one last blend. I add about 1/2 teaspoon salt.




                       
The finished product! It is so good I could just eat the whole thing by itself! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment